Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Somebody's always talking

According to the chairman of the search committee charged with reviewing applicants for Jax State's men's basketball coaching vacancy, the interview part of the process isn't set to start until Friday's meeting at the earliest. That's when the committee is expected to pare the field to about 5 to 7 candidates and begin preliminary telephone interviews.

According to a story in the Pine Bluff, Ark., newspaper, there might be some talks already going on behind those scenes. It seems former Arkansas State coach Dickey Nutt has "interviewed" for the JSU job already.

“Right now, the single most important thing is that I’m unemployed,” Nutt was quoted as saying in the Pine Bluff Commercial. “It’s a difficult time, there’s no question about that. I’ve been a coach for 25 years now and all of a sudden you’re unemployed now. It’s different. I believe that maybe there’s a plan out there somewhere. I’m weighing all of my options. I don’t feel like I’m above anyone.”

Here's a link to the story that references that "interview".

http://www.pbcommercial.com/articles/2008/03/25/sports/sports1.txt

Makes you wonder if Montevallo coach Danny Young really hasn't been offered the job already, as been rumored on a coaching rumor website (and denied by him and JSU officials).

No comments: